Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Your help needed!

We are excited to share 2 ways that our local friends & family can help us fundraise- without spending a dime.

Opportunity #1

We need your old shoes!


We have 45 days to collect as many pairs of shoes as possible. Our goal? 5,000 pairs of shoes! It seems crazy, but I am told it is doable. We will be paid by the pound for the shoes we collect by a great organization that helps schools and charities to fundraise.

Ways YOU can help:
a. Check out your closet and donate shoes you haven't worn in ages... I'm sure I can't be the only one who hangs on to shoes for YEARS thinking that maybe they might be needed down the line. (Ok, I'll even 'fess up re: a pair of brown suede fur-lined clogs. A certain sister of mine thoroughly mocked me during a recent "What should I wear" closet exploration.)
b. Set up a mini collection! Can you post a flier at work and ask co-workers to bring in old pairs of shoes? Maybe spread the word online via your Facebook page? Perhaps you can ask around at your church. Please let me know if you would like me to e-mail you a flier!

Our home's garage will be our main collection area, but we would be delighted if others were able to collect at their house too! We are happy to come pick up larger collections. For obvious reasons, I am not going to post our address here, but if you need that info please contact me!

Opportunity #2
I don't know about you, but I am always looking to purge my house of clutter and unneeded items! If you've been looking for an excuse to deep clean and free up space around your home I have quite the opportunity for you :) We are hosting a garage sale on Saturday, September 28th. All funds raised will go straight to our adoption fund. If you have anything you would like to donate to the garage sale, please let me know! We can even start taking items now if you already have a pile set aside to donate.

We are so thankful to have these opportunities to raise money to bring home our sweet girl! Thank you for helping in any way you are able.

Melanie


4 comments:

  1. I think they should count my husband's size 14 shoes as 2 pairs. =) If you message me your address I can drop off as many as I can find soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well shoes are definitely something I've got. I am so in :) I will start purging and let you know what we come up with in this house. I am here to help with whatever I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie! This is brilliant. I'm SO BUMMED that I can't help with this from Uganda (my hub's size 15s weigh A LOT)! I'd be glad to post about it on Facebook or my blog (most of my readers are in Texas though). Is there anyway I can help? We love and admire how y'all are growing your family and want to support you any way we can!

    ReplyDelete